Friday, May 6, 2011

"...and other comics"

Today, I Fulfill the "...and other comics" portion of this blog with a cover for a comic that will never come to be (but would be really cool if it did. :D)


Recently, I learned the "Rule of Thirds", which is basically dividing your page into horizontal and vertical thirds, and drawing your points of interest at the 4 places where the lines of division cross. For this piece, I folded the paper to find the thirds. You can see the piece, as well as see me upload the lineart, flat colors, and shading when I finish them by clicking on this link. http://drewdini.deviantart.com/ If any of you are wondering what those X's mean, those are indicators as to areas that should be filled in with black. Lot less work for the penciler that way. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Earthworm Jim, that definitely brings back some nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Cody COnnelly: I know, right? Though, for some reason, I'd've never pegged you as an EWJ player... Huh. The things we learn about people...

    ReplyDelete